TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Clerk means the person appointed by the agents or Landlord (Watson Inventory Services) to inspect the Premises for the purpose of preparing the Inventory or carrying out the Check In or Check Out procedure.
The Premises means the house, flat or other property the contents of which are to be listed in the Inventory.
The Inventory means the list of the items at the Property to be prepared in accordance with the following Conditions.
1. Upon acceptance of instructions, the Clerk will inspect or arrange the inspection of the Premises for the purpose of compiling the Inventory.
2. The Inventory will be a list of furniture, fixtures, fittings and household effects with a description of the state of decoration and condition of the interior and its effects at the Premises. Items are visually identified and not identified by its original manufactured name, material used in the production, or the period produced.
3. The Inventory does not purport to be a report for valuation purposes of the Premises and or its contents, nor is it a guarantee of, or report of, the adequacy of, or safety of any equipment or contents, it is a listing that such items exist in the property and the superficial condition.
4. The Inventory will be compiled on the basis that unless stated listed items are in good condition, free from obvious soiling, damage or defects. Significant defects will usually be damage, usage or soiling that might constitute a dilapidation charge at termination of the Tenancy of the Premises.
5. If the Clerk is unable to obtain access to the Premises at the time agreed and the place agreed with the instructor, or within a 24hr period thereafter there will be no further obligation under the Terms of the Contract save the entitlement to invoice the other party the proportion of the Fee that would have been payable had the instruction been completed.
6. A cancellation fee of £45 will be charged should the Clerk receive less than a 24hr cancellation notice.
7. At no point may any documents be reproduced without prior written permission of Watson Inventory Services.
8. Watson Inventory Services shall be entitled to invoice the person or persons or company who has given the instruction. If the instructions to prepare the Inventory are given by the Letting Agent/Landlord, this contract is deemed to be made between Watson Inventory Services and the Letting Agent/Landlord as principal and the invoice rendered to and payable by the Letting Agent/Landlord unless agreed in writing with Watson Inventory Services. If the invoice has not been paid in full within 28 days of receipt then without prejudice to any other right or remedy of Watson Inventory Services shall be entitled to charge interest on the amount unpaid at the rate of 1% above the base rate as set at that time by the Natwest Bank on the date of the invoice, compounded weekly from the date of the invoice until payment is made in full.